TRAFFIC CONTROL PLAN/PHASING EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2017:
Construction/Work Zone for entire project will encompass roads as outlined below:
- Fraser Street – Prince Street to Memorial Lane
- West Highmarket – North Hazard Street to Fraser Street
- East Highmarket- Dozier Street to Fraser Street
- Exchange Street – North Hazard Street to Fraser Street
- Church Street – North Fraser Street to approximately 200 feet east of Burger King
Traffic re-routing/construction will occur during multiple phases. For the majority of the project duration, single lane/two-way traffic will be maintained on Fraser Street. Single lane/two-way
Traffic will be maintained on the east side of Fraser Street during the initial phasing and will be switched over to the west side during the latter phases of the project.
Access to businesses: Greenwall will coordinate access to all businesses in the construction zone ensuring that business owners will have at least one driveway accessible to all businesses. Greenwall Construction will coordinate same during all phase changes during the construction process.
Greenwall will provide an update a minimum of 7 days prior to each phase change.
During major changes of traffic patterns on Fraser Street, portions of Fraser Street will be closed at night between 6 PM and 6 AM to ensure change of traffic patterns. Generally speaking, Fraser Street closings will be between Front Street and Exchange Street with intermittent closures/flagging north of Exchange Street.
ANTICIPATED PROGRESS NEXT TWO WEEKS:
- Complete the traffic shift for Phase 2, Stage 2 and begin asphalt and concrete demolition in the roadway at Frasier and Church Street.
- The intersection at Highmarket & Frasier will be opened, including all turning lanes.
- There will be 2-way traffic at the intersection of Frasier & Church Street consisting of one open lane in each direction.
- SPECIAL NOTE REF. THRU TRUCK TRAFFIC FOR HIGHWAY 17 NORTH: All Highway 17 north bound truck traffic must use the Front Street to Frasier Street Detour due to the lane restriction at the intersection of Frasier & Church Streets will not allow for a right hand turn. A message Board will be set up prior to the Front Street Detour as well.
Residents should expect traffic throughout the historic district.