Flood Protection Information
The following links provide information on flood mitigation, protection, and insurance.
- 2016 PRELIMINARY FLOOD MAP for City of Georgetown
2014 Flood Newsletter -Download the 2014 flood information newsletter
How to Protect Your Home & Property -FEMA audio
Georgetown Flood Map -FEMA’s Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) may be viewed in the Building & Planning Department upon request.
Hurricane Evacuation and shelter location information
Floodsmart.gov -The official site of the Nation Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
SC State Climatology Office -Information on climate from floods to drought.
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division (SCEMD)
- Drainage System maintenance -Some information on our draingage system.
- SCDHEC Ocean & Coastal Resource Management (OCRM)
- The Weather Channel -Get real time local weather updates and warnings.
- Flood Warning System -Listen to the local City of Georgetown Emergency Operations radio station.
- Natural and Beneficial Functions of the Local Floodplain
- Georgetown County Library -Search for Flood Protection or Flood Insurance in the online catalog to get all types of flood information and books from your local library.
- Flood Ordinance for the City of Georgetown
- Hurricane Surge Map for the City of Georgetown
- 2014 Hazard Mitigation Plan for all of Georgetown County
If you have any questions or concerns about FIRM’s, permits for flood retrofitting, or floodplain management we can help you. Please contact our staff at 843-545-4010.