Licenses, Fees & Permits

 Service Description Managing Department/Division
New Business License  All businesses operating in the City of Georgetown are required to have an annual business license for each of its locations. If you are opening a new business, buying an existing business, or transferring a business to your ownership, you must apply for a new business license under your name. New business license require inspections of the premises by the Building Official and Fire Marshall before a new license will be issued. We recommend you review the City’s New Business Checklist to be familiar what will be required. Finance Dept.
Business License Rate Schedule Finance Dept.
Business License Renewal All business licenses expire on May 15th of each year. Typically, Business License Renewal Forms are mailed to business owners during the first week of March and are due by May 15th. Finance Dept.
Architectural Review Board Certification Application Properties located within the City’s Historic District may require approval from the City’s Architectural Review Board (ARB) prior to a Building Permit being issues. The ARB meets the first Monday of the month but applications are due 2 weeks prior to allow time for notifications. Building & Planning
Building Permit Information – Residential Building & Planning enforces adopted codes pertaining to new building construction and existing buildings through our plan review and inspections process. The Division is responsible for issuing all permits related to construction of commercial and residential projects within the City of Georgetown. Building & Planning
Building Permit – Commercial
Building Permit Application A City building permit begins the process of  reviewing plans and performing inspections of construction within the City limits to ensure that all structures are constructed safely and in compliance with applicable building codes and ordinances. Building & Planning
Building Permit Fee Schedule Building & Planning
Building Permit Inspection Requests Please fill out the Inspection Requests Form and submitted to Generally, inspection requests received before XX:XX will be scheduled for the next business day. You may also call the B&P Office to schedule an inspection  Building & Planning
Sign Permit Application Building & Planning
Sandwich Board Application Building & Planning
Temporary Sign Permit Building & Planning
Hospitality Tax Form The Hospitality Tax is a uniform tax of 2% on the gross proceeds derived from the sales of prepared meals, food, and beverages sold in or by establishments, or those licensed for on-premises consumption of alcoholic beverages (beer or wine). Finance Dept.
Encroachment Application Building & Planning
Special Event Application Economic Development
Parade Guidelines
Guided Tours Permit Application Economic Development
Yard Sale Permit Application Building & Planning
Vendor Permit Application reference ordinance Building & Planning
Vendor Location Map