Sheldon A. Butts
Sheldon A. Butts is a servant leader who continuously advocates for the betterment of individuals and communities. He is a Combat Veteran, Educator and Civic Leader. He was elected to Georgetown City Council in 2016.
Butts was educated in the public school system of Georgetown County. He graduated in 1994 with Honors from Shaw University with a Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and a minor in Military Science. He is also a graduate of the US Army Military Police Officer Basic and Advanced School.
Butts is an active member of several service based organizations including:
• Low Country Veterans Group of Georgetown County
• Bethel A.M.E. Board of Trustees
• Bethel A.M.E. Church Security Chairperson
• Service Over Self of Georgetown County Chairperson
• Georgetown Business Association (Individual Benefactor Member)
• Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Mason, Inc.